Home selling tips for the San Juan Islands. The San Juan Islands are a beautiful and desirable place to live, and that makes them a competitive market for home sellers. If you’re thinking about selling your home in the San Juans, there are a few things you can do to make sure it stands out from the competition. One of the most important things you can do is hire an experienced real estate agent and get your home in tip-top shape. This means making any necessary repairs, decluttering, and staging your home to show its best features. When selling your home, You should also get a home inspection to identify any potential problems that buyers may be concerned about.
If your home has a well, you’ll need to get a well quantity and water quality report. This will show potential buyers that your water is safe to drink and that there’s enough of it to meet their needs.
If your home has a septic system, you’ll need to have it inspected by a licensed professional. This will ensure that it’s in good working order and that it’s not going to cause any problems for the next owners.
Here are some additional tips to that I advise my clients to help prepare their homes for sale:
- Get rid of any clutter or personal belongings. Buyers should be able to envision themselves living in your home, so it’s important to declutter and depersonalize as much as possible.
- Make any necessary repairs. This could include things like fixing any cracks in the walls, repairing any damage to the roof or siding, and replacing any old or outdated appliances.
- Give your home a fresh coat of paint. A fresh coat of paint can make a big difference in the overall appearance of your home.
- Update the landscaping. A well-maintained yard can make your home look more inviting and can also increase its curb appeal.
- Price your home competitively
My services include helping you navigate all of the above and to provide you with the current market information on recent sales and listings. I have all my listings professional photographed as well as provide virtual tours, drone photography and videos of the home. My company eXp Realty, has a global reach, and I will market your property to my sphere locally, statewide, nationally, and internationally.
I would be happy to help you prepare your home for sale in the San Juan Islands. I have over 10 years of experience in real estate, and I know the market inside and out. I can help you get your home in good repair, market it to potential buyers, and negotiate the sale. Contact me today to get started!