One of the hidden gems in the San Juan Islands in the private community of Decatur Northwest, on Decatur Island. I discovered this amazing community when I was asked to sell a home there for a client. I was really impressed with all the wonderful amenities the community has to offer.
Decatur Island is a small, privately owned island in the San Juan Islands of Washington state. It is located just east of Lopez Island across Lopez Sound and just south of Blakely Island across Thatcher Pass. The island is about 3.5 square miles in size
[showcaseidx_hotsheet name=”Decatur Northwest”]
“Decatur Northwest is a planned community established in 1983. Located on 600 acres in the San Juan Islands, it stretches over two miles of shorefront and beaches. The 90+ building sites comprise a fraction of the acreage of Decatur Northwest. The remaining acres, including the entire waterfront, are owned in common by all community members. This approach assures the preservation of the land in its natural state.”
Decatur Northwest is a wonderful small community on the north end of Decatur Island. It is home to about 100 families. The community has its own private ferry, which provides transportation to and from the island. The Sylvan Spirit ferry operates 2 times a day from Skyline Marina in Anacortes, WA. The marina has a private secure parking for the Decatur NW residents.
Decatur Northwest has a variety of amenities, including care takers, a 175 ft. year-round floating dock, mooring buoys, private beach, a hot tub, tennis courts, community gardens, workshop, and storage for community vehicles and fire truck. The community also has several hiking trails, which offer stunning views of the surrounding islands and the Olympic Mountains.
If you are looking for a quiet, secluded place to relax and enjoy the beauty of the San Juan Islands, Decatur Northwest is the perfect place for you.
Here are some of the amenities of Decatur Northwest:
- Private beach: Decatur Northwest has a private beach that is open to residents only. The beach is a great place to swim, sunbathe, or just relax and enjoy the sound of the waves.
- Hot Tub: Decatur Northwest has a hot tub that is open to residents only. The hot tube is a great place soak after a long hike.
- Tennis courts: Decatur Northwest has 2 tennis courts that is open to residents only. The court is a great place to get some exercise or to play a friendly game of tennis with friends.
- Clubhouse: Decatur Northwest has a clubhouse that is open to residents only. The clubhouse has a variety of amenities, including a , a mail room, a library, and a game room.
- Hiking trails: Decatur Northwest has a number of hiking trails that offer stunning views of the surrounding islands and the Olympic Mountains. The trails are a great place to go for a hike, a walk, or a bike ride.
Here are some things to keep in mind if you are planning to visit Decatur Northwest:
- Decatur Northwest is a private community. Access to the community is restricted to residents and their guests.
- Decatur Northwest has a private ferry. The ferry provides transportation to and from the island. The ferry is a great way to get to and from the island, but it is important to note that the ferry schedule is limited.
- Decatur Northwest is a quiet, secluded community. The community is a great place to relax and enjoy the beauty of the San Juan Islands, but it is important to note that the community is not a place for nightlife or entertainment.
If you are looking for a quiet, secluded place to relax and enjoy the beauty of the San Juan Islands, Decatur Northwest is the perfect place for you. Call me for further info on the current property listing.